You can add filters in values i.e. Metric Filters. You have the option to add filters while adding values in a widget. This allows you to filter the data that would be sent in the values.
Metric filter when used only sends the data to the metric which qualifies for the filter. For example, you wish to create a widget with a question –“Select your favourite products”. Using a filter, you only wish to see the data for the participants who have recently visited your store. To do that, you would select the question for the metric filter –“Have you recently visited our store” and selected the answer choice Yes. In that case, the data in the metric would be shown only for the ones who have visited the store recently.
The steps to adding Metric Filters while creating a new widget are as follows:
1. Go to the particular dashboard and enable the edit mode
2. Click on New Widget and select the Widget Type and add Widget title and description
3. Go to Add Values section
4. Select the Function and Data Browser
5. Once you have selected the question, click on the equation at the top and select Metric Filters
6. Select the logic for the filter. In this case, the logic would be questions or custom data or embedded data. In case of questions, you can select the answer choices.
7. Once you have selected the logic, click on Save Filter
8. Click on Save
For adding a filter in an already added value
You can add a filter in an already added value.
1. Go to the widget and click on Edit
2. Click on the edit button next to the added value in the widget
3. Click on Formula to enable the filter option
You can now follow step 5 and onwards to add the filter.
Types of filter choices available:
You can create filters using one of many choices available:
Logic Testing: This allows you to pick the questions from the surveys alongside the answer choices.
Meta Data: This includes metadata such as collector types, Response status, Invite Status, Response Duration, and time range
Group Fields: This includes the Group Fields you have created in the data source
Combinations: This includes the combinations you have created in the data source.
Adding multiple condition set
You can add multiple condition sets, allowing you to put more than one condition while applying a filter in a value. Click on Add Condition and make one more condition. In the case of And, both the conditions need to be fulfiled and in the case of Or, one of the conditions need to be fulfiled.