Multiple Textboxes question type is used when you want your respondents to answer multiple open-ended, short text questions. You can also validate the question to ensure answers in a specific length or format. The advantage of using Multiple Textboxes over multiple Single Textboxes is that it stops you from having excessive questions. If you are asking multiple textbox questions, you can club them under one with Multiple Textboxes question type.
Example of Multiple Textbox Question
Let’s say you want your respondents to provide a short answer to your multiple questions. Rather than creating individual questions, you can club them together using Multiple Textbox question. For example, “Please share your opinion about” and then you can add multiple products or services for which you want the respondents’ opinions.
The steps to add a multiple textboxes question are as follows:
1. Click on the + button on the page you want to add the question to
2. Click on the Multiple Textboxes question type from the left tab of New Question
3. On the left tab, type the question
4. Type the answer choices and to add more options, press enter
5. Manage the question setting and insert piping if needed
6. Click on the Save button or Save & Create New if you want to add one more Multiple Textboxes question.
Note: You can add media files to the question. You can also use Validation to ensure that the answers come in a specific pre-defined format.