Pie Chart is a circular statistical graphic. It is divided into slices to show the numerical proportion of all the answer choices. Each individual slice in the pie represents an individual data set and a representation of its value in respect to the whole.
Use of Pie Chart
Pie charts make sense to show a parts-to-whole relationship for categorical or nominal data. The slices in the pie typically represent percentages of the total. With categorical data, the sample is often divided into groups and the responses have a defined order.
You can use a pie chart when you wish to show the comparison between individual data set with respect to the whole(100%). For example, if you have a question asking for feedback about the support provided by staff and you have three answer choices — top 2, mid, and bottom 2, you can use a pie chart to show how individual data set stack against the whole.
With Survey2Connect, you get multiple designs, themes, and styles for the pie chart widget.
The options available are:
Widget Heading: You can add a widget heading that would appear on top of the widget. You can also insert piping using the Break by data. You can also pipe filter in the widget heading that can be seen on the Dashboard page. The widget heading allows you to give viewers an idea of what the widget depicts.
Widget Description: You can add a widget description that would appear on top of the widget. This allows you to mention details about the widget. You can make changes to alignment, text color, text size with the options available. The customizable options are:
- Bold: This allows you to make your text bold
- Text size: You can change the size of the text using this option
- Text Color: You can manage the color of the text from this option.
- Alignment: This option allows you to choose between three alignment options — Left, center, and right.
- Insert Piping: This option lets you pipe information. The available options are total, month, widget-time-filter, and global-time-filter. The total shows you the total count of the responses, month shows you the month of widget creation, widget time filter shows you the time as per the widget.
Show Number of Response: When enabled, this option would allow you to show the total number of responses on the top left side of the widget.
Select Value: This option lets you select the value for the chart. You can add multiple values to your chart. Users can select the question and function in this option:
- Function: This option lets you select the function, which act as a mathematical equation for the data available. You can select from the options available.
- Data Browser: This option lets you select the question or data fields whose data would be used in the chart.
Sub-option of Select Value: There are minor customization options available under each Metric that you have added.
- Rename: This option lets you rename the Metric
- Duplicate: This option lets you duplicate the metric
- Delete: This option lets you delete the particular metric.
Select Break By: Break by feature allows you to break your singular data into multiple sets. Using break by function, you can break the data into individual subsets. With this option, you can select the question on the basis of which the Break by would be applied for the data set. Click here to read more.
Designs: This option lets you manage the design of the Pie Chart. With Survey2Connect, you have the option to customize the designs of the widget. You can change the chart type, style, and design.
- Theme: You can toggle between different themes using this option. You can choose from the 6 available options.
Label: With this, you can manage the label of the data fields. These options help you customize the information shown regarding the data in the widget.
- Show Zero Value: With this option enabled, you can see the data sets which has zero as their value. For example, if you have one data field which has zero as its value, usually you would want to hide it from your pie chart. But if you enable this, you would be able to see it.
- Label Positions: This option allows you to change the position of labels. You can either place them in a circle or outside.
- Show Percent: With this, you can choose to show the data of your individual slice in percentage.
- Show Count: With this, you can show the count data for each individual pie slice.
- Label Decorations: With this, you can manage the look of labels. You can make the Label text Bold, Centre aligned, and Italic.
Show Legend: Legend refers to the metric details shown within the pie. For example, if you have Yes and No as two options, the legend is the detail that shows Yes and No and their respective color. You can toggle between four positions available — Top, Bottom, Left, and Right.
Tooltip: Tooltip refers to the information shown when you hover the cursor over the pie. There are further options available that can be enabled.
- Tooltip: You can enable or disable it with the button
- Show Percentage: You can enable this option which would allow you to see the data of the particular slice in percentage when you hover over it.
- Show Count: You can enable this option which would allow you to see the data of the particular slice in count when you hover over it.
Others: There are other options available that can be customized.
- Decimal Places: You can select how many decimal places will be shown in the data
- Sort Fields: You can sort the fields in the widget with respect to their order of appearance. You have the option of ascending, descending, and no sorting.